Guidance and Counseling
WELCOME TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE!
Cassandra Mesnick, Guidance Counselor
My mission as your child's counselor is to assist you and his/her teachers in facilitating Wyomina Park Elementary's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
I would like to invite you to come in and get to know me and the Guidance staff and the services we offer. You may come by school or call during "teacher hours" and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason! We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your child's years at Wyomina Park Elementary a happy and rewarding learning experience.
- Help children understand themselves and others;
- Help to identify children with special needs;
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing;
- Provide Character Education program;
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children;
- Provide orientation for children coming to Wyomina Park Elementary for the first time;
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Behavior Intervention Websites
Sleep is VERY important
Following a routine is the best way to get a good night sleep. Click here for a routine checklist.
Sleep Hygiene Click here for the sleep rules everyone should follow.
- The Centers (352) 291-5555
- Camelot Community Care (352) 671-7884
- Arnette House (352) 622-6335
- Children’s Home Society (352) 732-1412
- Kimberly’s Cottage (352) 873-4739
- Key Life Concept (407)579-5684
- The Monarch Center (Bereavement) (352) 873-7456
Official Records: Your child's cumulative records are housed in the Guidance Office. If you need to review anything in the folder please call ahead and make an appointment for someone to go over the contents with you. If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder please give the guidance department 24 hours notice. If you are transferring out of Wyomina we will make sure all necessary documents are forwarded to your child's new school.