Guidance and Counseling
WELCOME TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE!
Cassandra Mesnick, Guidance Counselor
My mission as your child's counselor is to assist you and his/her teachers in facilitating Wyomina Park Elementary's mission statement and goals for each and every student.
I would like to invite you to come in and get to know me and the Guidance staff and the services we offer. You may come by school or call during "teacher hours" and make an appointment with us. You don't need to wait until you have a problem or special reason! We hope that, together, we can lay a good foundation for future success and achievement by making your child's years at Wyomina Park Elementary a happy and rewarding learning experience.
Official Records: If you need a copy of any document in your child's folder please contact the guidance department in advance. Failure to contact us in advance could result in a delay of receiving records. You MUST bring a valid ID to obtain copies of your child's record. If you are transferring out of Wyomina, your child's new school MUST request those records from us.
- Help children understand themselves and others;
- Help to identify children with special needs; Click here to read the explanation of the Multi Tiered Support System
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Develop plans to prevent academic/behavioral problems from developing;
- Provide Character Education program;
- Coordinate the efforts of other professionals working for children;
- Provide orientation for children coming to Wyomina Park Elementary for the first time;
- Promote positive attitudes toward persons of diverse cultural, racial, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Behavior Intervention Websites
- The Centers (352) 291-5555
- Camelot Community Care (352) 671-7884
- Arnette House (352) 622-6335
- Children’s Home Society (352) 732-1412
- Kimberly’s Cottage (352) 873-4739
- Key Life Concept (407)579-5684
- The Monarch Center (Bereavement) (352) 873-7456
After School Tutoring is available at Howard Academy
Contact Laresa Scott at 352-671-4175 for information
Sleep is VERY important: Following a routine is the best way to get a good night sleep. Click here for a routine checklist.
Sleep Hygiene: Click here for the sleep rules everyone should follow.