Policies and Services
- Students may check out three (3) books at a time for a two-week period.
- Students may renew books for one additional two-week period.
- Students will be charged $.05 per day on overdue books.
- Students are charged the replacement cost of the book if the book has been lost or damaged.
- Reference materials are provided for in-library use and may be checked out only for overnight usage.
Audio-visual equipment and resources materials are checked out to faculty and staff as needed.
No food or beverages are permitted in the Library Media Center.
Since we wish to offer a place conducive to reading, research, and study, we encourage students to respect other persons' rights to have a quiet atmosphere in which to work. Students who visit the library for no purpose other than socializing with friends will be asked to return to class promptly.
Every student has computer access and needs to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy. This policy is intended for the protection of students.
We provide craft paper for art projects, bulletin boards, etc. at the cost of $.10 per foot. The paper comes in a variety of colors and is 36" wide.
We provide the use of the Ellison letter cutting machine.
Library users may print copies of documents at a cost of $.10 per page for black text.
We will laminate items for staff members at no cost.
Classes are scheduled into the library in advance on a flexible schedule which permits teachers to plan with the library media specialist the times when they need to have classes in for reading and research.
Various programs are planned throughout the year to allow students and faculty an opportunity to hear storytellers, poets, and other types of guest speakers in the library. Book Week in the fall and School Library Media Week in the spring are generally the times when these special programs are planned by the library media specialist.