Graduation Requirements for Students Entering High School in 2012-13
Below is a summary of graduation requirements for the 2015-16 senior class. For all state graduation requirements or specific information on graduation requirements for other graduating classes, refer to the Florida Department of Education's Graduation Requirements page.
- Students Entering Ninth Grade - 2010-2011 School Year (PDF, 75KB
- Students Entering Ninth Grade - 2011-2012 School Year (PDF, 75KB)
- Students Entering Ninth Grade - 2012-2013 School Year (PDF, 59KB)
- Students Entering Ninth Grade - 2013-2014 School Year (PDF, 78KB)
A high school credit is defined as 150 hours of instruction in a full year long course (75 hours for semester courses). Any student who has not been in attendance and received instruction for a minimum of 135 hours in a year course may not be awarded credit unless he/she demonstrates mastery of the course student performance standards. A minimum of 24 credits is necessary for graduation.
GPA Requirement for Graduation
Students must have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.0 on all courses except those replaced according to the district forgiveness policy. Students who earn the 24 credits required for graduation with less than a 2.0 GPA are eligible for a certificate of completion.
See your guidance counselor for these three year graduation options, as requirements change frequently.
Students must have completed all graduation requirements to participate in commencement exercises at the end of the regular school year. Students eligible for a certificate of completion may participate in graduation ceremonies.
Students who graduate with the following weighted GPAs will be recognized as honor graduates at graduation:
- Valedictorian: #1 ranked student(s)
- Salutatorian: #2 ranked student(s)
- High Honors: 3.5 GPS and above
- Honors: 3.0 GPA to 3.49 GPA