Welcome to Pre-K at Harbour View Elementary!
Here are some things I would like you to know.
- Thank you for sharing your child with me this year. Parents are the child's first and most important teacher. I want to support you in that role.
- Your kid is an amazing human being. I look forward to getting to know him/her. I know we will like each other. I want your child to learn and grow. I will provide lots of different ways for your child to discover and explore.
- Your kid is incredibly capable. I will support your child's independence.
- I will celebrate your child's achievements.
- The classroom is for the children. Children learn through play. This classroom is designed for play.
- In our classroom, we are all teachers and we are all learners. We are allowed to make mistakes. We try. We try again. We try together.
- We dance. We sing. We observe. We create. We laugh. We are thankful. We pretend. We wiggle. We celebrate. We explore. We ask questions. We take deep breaths. We have fun.
- We go outside. Every day. Unless it is raining. (School clothes need to be play clothes - sometimes we get messy. Tennis shoes are best for little feet.)
- Hugs (or handshakes or high fives) are always available.
- Germs are a fact of life in pre-kindergarten. We cough and sneeze into our elbows. We wash our hands. And we stilll share germs. The best defense is a healthy offense: good, healthy food and lots of sleep.
- Let's communicate. I will share your child's discoveries, achievements, struggles and successes with you. You are always welcome to send a note, email me, phone or drop by school to chat.
- I'm not perfect but I do my best.
- And I really, really will like your kid - I like all the kids! That's a promise. Pinky swear!