Hello Pre-K Families,
I hope you all are staying healthy and safe in this challenging time! I am truly missing all the children so much and hope that we can get back to our normal routines as soon as possible. Although we are not able to learn together in our classroom at Harbour View, that does not mean our learning has to stop. This website will help us stay connected so we can continue your child's academic and developmental growth. Please make sure to be checking back daily for any news, lessons or other resources I may be posting to keep our kiddos learning. Have fun with the lessons and keep those little minds and bodies growing!
Welcome to Pre-K at Harbour View Elementary!
Here are some things I would like you to know.
- Thank you for sharing your child with me this year. Parents are the child's first and most important teacher. I want to support you in that role.
- Your kid is an amazing human being. I look forward to getting to know him/her. I know we will like each other. I want your child to learn and grow. I will provide lots of different ways for your child to discover and explore.
- Your kid is incredibly capable. I will support your child's independence.
- I will celebrate your child's achievements.
- The classroom is for the children. Children learn through play. This classroom is designed for play.
- In our classroom, we are all teachers and we are all learners. We are allowed to make mistakes. We try. We try again. We try together.
- We dance. We sing. We observe. We create. We laugh. We are thankful. We pretend. We wiggle. We celebrate. We explore. We ask questions. We take deep breaths. We have fun.
- We go outside. Every day. Unless it is raining. (School clothes need to be play clothes - sometimes we get messy. Tennis shoes are best for little feet.)
- Hugs (or handshakes or high fives) are always available.
- Germs are a fact of life in pre-kindergarten. We cough and sneeze into our elbows. We wash our hands. And we stilll share germs. The best defense is a healthy offense: good, healthy food and lots of sleep.
- Let's communicate. I will share your child's discoveries, achievements, struggles and successes with you. You are always welcome to send a note, email me, phone or drop by school to chat.
- I'm not perfect but I do my best.
- And I really, really will like your kid - I like all the kids! That's a promise. Pinky swear!