Hello 5th Grade Writers
We are lighting up our writing!
Supporting students as they develop into writers who can communicate well is my goal as a writing teacher.
Helping students acquire an interest in writing for communication, life-long leisure and pleasure and for their professional/career needs is something I strive for every day.
It is definitely a Time to Shine!
There are several ways for parents and students to contact me:
- Office hour 10:00 to 11:00 AM--(not at school, but on line or by telephone)
- Office hour 11:00 to 12:00 Noon--(not at school, but on line or by telephone)
- I will be available at 352-462-1386 by phone during my office hours
- Email me at email@example.com
- I hope that we can start meeting via Zoom so that we can share with each other in person. I will let you know by inviting you to participate in a meeting via the computer.
- Leave a message and I will return your call or email as quickly as I can.
- 5th Grade teachers are also working with Dojo to get our lists updated so we can use it for communication.
Daily you need to complete the Bell Ringer and email a picture of it or email your answer so that I count you for attendance. Remember you do not send hard copies to me at the school. Just send it to me during the day. It does not need to be a certain time. We realize some families are sharing computers.
BELL RINGER For April 2, 2020
Tell me what an Informative essay does.
Bell Ringer for April 3, 2020
News Corner 4/3/2020
- My Google Classroom is up and running. The assignments are posted there, including the bell ringer. The code to access my Google Classroom is Ljxb7rw. Add yourself as a student.
- Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
- If you are in need of technology support you can call the help desk 352-867-2100 between 7:30 AM-4:40 PM.
- This first week of virtual learning, 5th grade students have PE. Students, please check the PE teachers' websites for your PE assignment this week. Next week, Week 2, you will have Music.
I am anxious to work with you via the computer. Make this adventure exciting by doing as much as you can and remember our motto, "Give a little more than you are asked for".