Marion Afterschool Programs provides before and/or after school childcare services at 40 school sites throughout Marion County. Nearly 3,000 students participate in this program every day.
This is a flat rate, fee-based program.
Marion Afterschool Programs accepts eligible students who are in Kindergarten thru 8thgrade in Elementary and select Middle Schools. MAP at Fordham accepts Pre-K, VPK, Kindergarten and 1st grade.
Please Note: The number of children enrolled at each site is determined by how much physical space is available and the number of staff employed.
Marion Afterschool Programs provides a variety of programming, including but not limited to:
- Programming aimed at giving students a chance to socialize while learning
- Wellness programs that stress proper nutrition, exercise and the mind/body connection.
- Enrichment that aligns with Florida Standards
- Center-based activities.
- Focus on literacy
- Allows time for completing homework in our Homework Zones
Our mission: To enrich the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social well-being of our students by creating dynamic learning experiences before and after school.
MAP OPERATING SCHEDULE
Available every day, school is in session, including Early Release days.
Hours of Operation: based on the Marion County Public Schools Calendar
Morning Hours: 6:30am - School Bell
Afternoon Hours: School Bell until 6:00pm
MARION AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS IS HIRING!
Are you an energetic, knowledgeable recreation specialist who enjoys school-age children and their families?
- Are available to work Monday - Friday between 1PM - 6PM
when school is in session?
- Have a high school diploma or a GED?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
WE WANT YOU!
- Click "Non-Instructional Support - District"
- Click Assignment "Activity Leader; Marion Afterschools Prog"
- Click "Search for Posted Positions"
- To Apply, check the "Apply" box
- Choose "Apply for Selected Positions"