WELCOME TO MR. WILLIS' 5TH GRADE SCIENCE AND SOCIAL STUDIES CLASS HOME PAGE
IF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY LOGGING INTO GOOGLE CLASSROOM:
If you get a screen saying "Don't see you class?"when you log into Google Classroom. Simply do the following:
1. Click on the "+" sign that the arrow in pointing to in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click "Join a New Class"
3. Enter the code onnzhmo
This should allow you to get into the classroom.
Welcome everyone. I hope that you are doing well and look forward to seeing everyone again as soon as we are allowed. Until then you can log into your MCPS Student Desktop and then go to Google Classroom. You will find all your assignments there.
Here are a few items that you need to be aware of:
- I will be online daily from 7:15 am - 2:15 pm
- FOR MY HOMEROOM STUDENTS ONLY (BLOCK 1):
Please send me an e-mail by 9:00 am each morning to let me know that you are "Present" for the day. I have to take attendance each morning and your e-mail will allow me to know that you are online so I can mark you present.
- I need a viable e-mail address from every parent to help facilitate communication. You can e-mail your address at email@example.com.
- I will continue to use Google Classroom as our learning platform. To receive and complete your assignments:
- Log into your student desktop the way we do in class each day.
- Click on the Google Classroom icon.
- Scroll down to the Social Studies tab.
- Click on the Assignment. Then read the article and answer the questions. DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE "TURN IN" TAB to submit your assignment.
- For Science: Click on the Science tab then click on the link to STEMscopes. You will find your assignments there. REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE TURN IN BUTTON IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER TO YOUR ASSIGNMENT TO TURN IT IN. In addition, please click the MARK AS DONE button on Google Classroom to let me know you have completed the assignment.
FOR PARENTS: Here are videos to show you how to help your student turn in their work.
- Google Classroom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKm6bUzXvKU
- Links for all the websites your student will need to do their Science and Social Studies work can be found below.
FINALLY...Students remember that you are to be reading for 20 minutes each day and doing 15 minutes a day on I-Ready