- Language Arts
- Social Studies
The Big 3
The Big 3
- Do what’s right
- Do your best
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
We will have lunch early therefore we plan to have a snack in the afternoon. If you are able, please send enough snacks for the entire class. (Individually wrapped snacks and juice boxes)
Currently we have a count of 25 students.
- 3 spiral notebooks
- Pencils and 2 red pens
- 3 composition books
- 3 packages Index cards
- 2 Sticky notes
- 3 packages notebook Paper
- Scissor, ruler, glue sticks, colored pencils, crayons
- 2 boxes tissues, 1 large hand sanitizer, 1 box gallon baggies (Girls), 1 box sandwich baggies (Boys)
- Dress Code & Personal Hygiene
- You will be expected to adhere to Horizon Academy’s dress code: Polo tucked in, pants with belt, & appropriate shoes
- There will be a parent & student resource room to aid in this policy
- You will be expected to be sanitary in all facets of school life, including but not limited to: Bathroom, lunchroom, PE, & classroom
- Classroom Conduct
- Door holder for each & every enter & exit of a room
- Polite conversation with all adults & peers: “Please & Thank you”, “Excuse me”, “Mr. & Mrs.”, and etc.
- Proper Center behavior: No running, pushing, or improper language
- Supportive & constructive language towards peers: “Great job!”, “I like the way you did that problem” (Zero tolerance toward negative words or bullying of other students in the learning environment)
Rules & Behaviors:
We will be having a pep rally to explain the school’s behavior system. I will follow the school’s plan and we will discuss what these mean and what I expect. If we adhere to the big three we will create the best classroom in the school.
Our behavior system will be a zero tolerance toward the disruption of our positive & fun learning environment. We will have plenty of time to have fun throughout the school year! If, however, we run into problems this is how they will be handled:
- We will keep a class log of incidents, to be signed by students when we run into problems, a parent notification will promptly follow each incident log.
- In the rare case, and I mean rare, a timeout desk will be utilized, where the student will write a reflective essay about the incident.
- This is a no bully classroom & school!
If we all follow the big three, we will have a wonderful year. (I will be contacting parents throughout the year for the good & the bad!)
- How to
- Take notes for all subjects (To be demonstrated)
- Proper paper headings (To be demonstrated)
- Do Homework (To be taught)
- Act in centers (To be demonstrated)
- To talk in class (To be demonstrated)
My policy is limited homework over the weekend; minus the reading journal because I don’t feel reading is homework. I will assign homework Monday through Thursday, with very little to be assigned over the weekends. The best practice is to spend 30-60 minutes a night on homework Mon - Thur, take a break on Fri. & Sat. and be a kid, then 30-60 minutes on Sunday.
This year, it is my goal to help you grow academically, emotionally and socially. I will treat you with respect, compassion, and enthusiasm in all areas of education and character building. In turn, I expect them same from you towards me as well as towards your classmates. I believe honesty, consistency and integrity will help you reach your life long goals.